Wendy Davis, Democrat gubernatorial candidate in Texas, holds up the CCAFT t-shirt that CCAFT President Ray McMurrey presented to her while she was in Corpus Christi.More
Dear CCISD Employee,
Happy New Year and Welcome Back!
The CCISD Consultation process/policy is highly important to employees. The AFT is serious about providing a professional and reputable voice for workers. This was a difficult election because the electronic ballots sent by the district were problematic. Nonetheless, our members rallied and the CCAFT-endorsed candidates won 10 of 12 seats at the consultation table.
I am so proud of the CCAFT membership and campus leaders for a job well done. This election matters. Preserving a unified, dignified and legitimate voice for all employees at consultations is crucial to protecting the benefits, wages and working conditions of school employees. Thanks to you and your diligence, the union will continue to be an agent of employee strength, protection and unity. A special thanks and recognition also goes to many CCAUSE and ATPE members who voted for AFT in this election. We cannot allow insignificant differences to get in the way of a unified and consistent voice for all employees. One for all and all for one! We can defend the interests of public education when we are united, not divided.
Please observe these results and keep them handy. Understand and realize who represents you at consultations. Be aware that we will hold consultation meetings by job category during the spring semester to get input from employees. I hope you can attend.
Click here to read the CCAFT Weekly Update for
January 23, 2014. Headlines:
- CCAFT and CCISD reach agreement on health screening disclosure form
- CCAFT retain consultation super-majority: win 10 of 12 seats
- Teacher evaluations should not be based on student test scores
- 2014--a pivotal year for educators at the ballot box
- CCAFT meets AFT national president in the Rio Grande Valley
- CITGO and CCAFT partner to donate books
- Dave Dewhurst says teachers alrady make enough money--no pay increase necessary
- Congrats--CCAFT member Rose Marie Laurel wins flat screen TV
- Sign up now for CCAFT professional development!